Our school’s overarching aims and objectives for our pupils are that through a varied and challenging curriculum, we enable children to:
- Develop their own set of moral values, which may include pupils reflecting on a variety of different issues, viewpoints, dilemmas, situations and case studies
- Develop the language, strategies, skills and confidence required to behave according to their moral values, in new situations.
- know and understand what constitutes a healthy lifestyle;
- be aware of safety issues;
- understand what makes for good relationships with others;
- be independent and responsible members of the school community;
- recognise when and where to seek help;
- be positive and active members of a democratic society;
- develop self-confidence and self-esteem, and make informed choices regarding personal and social issues;
- develop good relationships with other members of the school and the wider community.
- develop a positive attitude towards people of all genders, cultures, races and faith stances.
- Experience PSHE in a cross curricular, challenged based environment.
- Provide extracurricular opportunities for children to drive their own learning.
- Consider ways in which their actions and choices impact on others
- Develop self-awareness and a positive self-image allowing them to take on challenges, recognise their strengths, identify goals and develop the resilience to overcome setbacks
- Awareness and understanding of British Values and how they are a part of life in school
- We will create a safe and supportive learning environment by setting clear ‘ground rules’ that are understood by all pupils.
- We will ensure that where pupils indicate that they may be vulnerable and at risk, they will get appropriate support by ensuring that any disclosures are dealt with sensitively and are referred to a senior member of staff.