Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin everything that we do and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens. Our values are the basis of our class charters and are used to celebrate our successes as individuals and collectively.
Our School Vision:
Have a passion for life. chase your dreams, challenge yourself and believe that anything is possible.
Passion Aspiration Resilience Tolerance
● Children always try their best with their work.
● Children consistently challenge themselves with work that is difficult.
● Children willing to take risks within their learning.
● Children being active in their learning.
● Children positively interact with others.
● Children will talk passionately about their learning.
● All children producing their best in every piece of work.
● Children using feedback to further improve their work.
● Children believe ‘anything is possible’.
● All children show a ‘can do’ attitude towards their learning.
● All children arrive promptly at school and attend 100% of the time.
● All children to attempt all tasks asked of them.
● All children will manage distractions around them and concentrate on their own work.
● All children will try to complete a task again if they have been unsuccessful - St Giles Academy is a safe place to make mistakes.
● All children will attempt tasks that are challenging
● All children will come to school when they are fit and healthy.
● Children will demonstrate self-regulation when faced with challenging situations in and out of school.
● All children show tolerance to others’ beliefs, views and opinions.
● All children to show tolerance to others’ actions and mannerisms.
● All children to listen to and respect other views and opinions, even if they don’t agree with them.
● Children actively listen to members of the school community, who are talking to them
● Children to treat other members of the school community with respect.
All children speak to others in a respectful manner